Football is perhaps the most written about thing on the face of the Earth. I'd put it above War, Religion, Politics, even food! This section is dedicated to bringing you a selection of books about the Beautiful Game. There follows a list of some books that I have enjoyed reading:
- Got, Not Got: The A-Z of Lost Football Culture, Treasures and Pleasures Remember those big stacks of Football 78 swaps…
- Joe McGinniss – The Miracle of Castel di Sangro Joe McGinniss’s excellent diary of a year in the life of a football club.
- Paul Lake – I’m Not Really Here The story of Paul Lake – City’s Golden Boy who battled in vain against career ending cruciate ligament problems.
- Ronald Reng – A Life Too Short: The Tragedy of Robert Enke Moving story of the life of Germany’s goalkeeper cut short at 32.
- Tom Bower – Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football Tom Bower’s excellent exposé of greed and corruption.
Then there'll be the usual things, to appeal to the younger audience, your annuals etc or 30 things you need to know about [insert name of your favourite team].